Salmonby in the Lincolnshire Wolds
Salmonby village has a public house, the Cross Keys Inn and Restaurant and fishing lakes. Nearby there is a sandstone cliff wall on which are carvings.
The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Margaret. St. Margaret's Church which seated a hundred people, was restored and partially rebuilt in 1871.St. Margaret's Church was declared redundant in 1973 and in 1975 the church was demolished. St. Margaret's Churchyard still exists.
Salmonby was a source of blue phosphate of iron and a great deal of iron oxide ore. Salmonby has a chalybeate spring, whose waters eventually join the Steeping River near Spilsby.
Villagers build scarecrows following various themes. Tetford and Salmonby people display the scarecrows outside their houses. A Scarecrow Trail covers. the display of the scarecrows, Tetford and Salmonby Scarecrow Festival raises funds for Tetford church and local charities.