Louth Navigation Canal Warehouse

Built in 1770 when the Canal was cut, the Navigation Warehouse was an important staging post for the transportation of wool and grain out of Louth. The locally made bricks are still in good condition as is the Scandinavian pine timbers, brought in by sea via Hull and the canal. The Warehouse was restored in 1999 Louth Navigation Trust and Groundwork UK.

Humber Keels and Sloops, Billy Boys, fishing smacks, and then, steam boats, used the wharves and warehouses. In 1790 a great deal of fish was landed in Louth. For many years, the canal brought much prosperity to Louth.

Navigation Warehouse at Riverhead
Navigation Warehouse at Riverhead

The Woolpack
The Woolpack