Langton-by-Spilsby: the Chrurch of St. Peter and St. Paul
The present church building was erected in the time of Bennet Langton's grandfather, George Langton, in about 1725.
There had been a church there before, since old records tell us that
there was a church and resident priest at Langton before the Norman conquest.
All that remains from that earlier church is the font and two monuments to members of the Langton family who died in the early
16th and 17th centuries. These monuments are in the floor just inside
the inner door of the church.
The new church was built in the classical Georgian style and has a similar plan to that of several Oxford and Cambridge colleges. There are only four parish churches in England with an interior layout similar to Langton. (extract from the Short Guide found in the Church)