Historic market town granted charter in 1231 and lies between Skegness and Lincoln.
Stanhope Memorial (Grade II listed structure) in the Market Place. Made in memory of Edward Stanhope errected in 1894 and designed by E. Lingen Barker.
It was built of limestone, red sandstone and pink and grey streaked marble. Edward Stanhope was elected to the House of Commons for Mid Lincolnshire in 1874, a seat he held until 1885, and then represented Horncastle.
St Mary's Church (Grade II listed building) dates from the early 13th century. Restored by Ewan Christian between 1859 and 1861.
Twinned with Bonnétable in France.
Old Court House, (Grade II listed building) built in 1865 on Louth Road.