Harrington lies at the foot of a steep hill and among a number of mature trees.
The original Tudor manor house owned by the Coppledyke family, was rebuilt in 1673 by Vincent Amcotts. It became the home of Sir John Maitland the MP for Horncastle from 1945 to 1964. After a fire in 1991, the Hall was again reconstructed by the current owner, Mr. David Price.
Tennyson often visited the Hall, Somersby being only three miles away. The grounds probably inspired him to write "Come into the garden, Maud." The garden is open on certain days in the Summer
.St. Mary's Church has Medieval roots. It is built of local Spilsby Green Sandstone. It was restored in the mid nineteenth century by the architect, S.S. Teulon. Rev. Robert Cracroft financed the venture by public subscrption and at his own expense.
The church contains brass figures of the Coppledyke family. There is a tomb of a crusader to be found in the right hand side wall of the main worship area. The figure of the knight is thought to represent Sir John Harrington and dates from 1300.